Learn about recurring jobs in Actioner and how to configure them.
Jobs in Actioner enable you to automate your tasks around managing work that is one-time or on a recurring basis. Every job in Actioner triggers a task that is one-time or on a recurring basis.
Setting a job on a recurring basis enable you to automate your actions or workflows that is repetitive in nature. To supercharge your team's productivity, you can use reminders for your team to share their weekly or daily updates in a channel. This will help everyone stay in touch with what everyone on your team has been up to.
- Remind your team to join standup meetings every weekday at 09:00 AM.
- Automatically generate ticket volume and MTTA/R reports of your customer support team on a weekly basis and share them in your team's Slack channel.
- Notify your team regularly with the list of issues in your backlog.
- Alert your sales team quarterly with all deals that are set to close in the next quarter.
- Weekly show all unworked contacts from the past week.
Creating a recurring job
On Jobs tab of your app, click + Add job.
Select Add recurring job option.
- Fill out Recurrence time fields.
On Starts at fields, select the date, the time and the timezone that your job will start. Your job starts running on the selected date and time according to the selected timezone. By default, your browser's timezone is selected.
Select Frequency. You can select your job to be run
- Daily, at the selected time
- On every weekday (Monday to Friday), at the selected time
- Weekly, at the selected time
- Monthly, at the selected time
- Yearly, at the selected time
On Ends field, select if and when your job will stop running.
- Never: When selected, your job never stops running.
- After a specific date: When selected, your job runs until the selected end date.
- After a number of occurrence: When selected, your job runs after it runs the selected Occurrence count times.
Recurring jobs have a limit of max 100 occurrences.
Give a name to your job.
Select what your job will do on Task field. You can select between actions and workflows added to your app.
- If you select a workflow, you are required to enter a payload to continue. You can provide the payload that will trigger the workflow you selected.
- If you select an action, the input parameters of your action open up. Enter values for the inputs to proceed.
- Once all is set, click Add to create your job.