How it works:
Actioner integrates PagerDuty and Slack seamlessly. Allowing you to manage on-call schedules directly from Slack.
You can see the list of your on-calls, and send handoff request to the Slack channel you prefer. Your teammates can take the on-call easily, or your manager can suggest someone to take the on-call quickly using quick action buttons in the request message.
- By calling the Actioner app in Slack with "/actioner" command or using shortcuts, run the “See my on-calls” action.
- In the prompted list, click three dots near the on-call schedule you’d like to request handoff.
- A form filled with the selected on-call details will appear, you’ll just need to choose the channel you want to share your request.
- When you run the request handoff workflow, Actioner will send a message to the channel you’ve selected. Slack message consists of the on-call details, and “Take on-call” and “Suggest someone” quick action buttons.
- One of your teammates can take your on-call quickly, or your manager can suggest a team member using smart action buttons.
- If you run “Suggest someone” workflow, it also sends a DM with the details of who has suggested, the details of on-call, and “Take on-call” & “Reject” quick action buttons.
- No matter which workflow is run related to the handoff request, Actioner sends updates as replies to the original message.
If the suggested team member runs “Take on-call” workflow, the original message will be updated, with the info that the request has already been answered to avoid miscommunication.