What’s it for?
Actioner provides a quick and easy way for your team to report Jira issues within Slack. This helps streamline the issue reporting process and ensures that issues are reported in a timely manner. By using a dedicated channel for issue reporting, it also helps keep issue-related communication separate from other Slack channels, making it easier to track and manage issues.
How it works
- A dedicated #jira-report-an-issue channel is created during the setup.
- When a team member comes across an issue, they can report it by using 🎫 emoji in the "jira-report-an-issue" channel.
- The reporter is prompted to create a new Jira issue and the person who added the emoji and message content are automatically filled in as the reporter and summary fields.
- The Jira issue is then created with the details of the message, including the message text.
- The team member who reported the issue is automatically added as a reporter to the Jira issue, so they can receive updates on the issue's progress.
- The Jira issue key is then shared back in the Slack channel, allowing team members to easily reference and track the issue. In addition, the Slack message link is added to the Jira issue, enabling bidirectional tracking.
How to get started
To begin using Actioner’s Jira app in Slack,
- Sign up to Actioner.
- Install Jira app to your Actioner workspace.
- Connect to Jira and Slack.
- Proceed to setup workflow Create channel to report a Jira issue. Type the prefix for the channel where you want to get the status of an issue. Note that if you do not enter anything, the new channel name becomes #jira-report-an-issue.