How about cloning to design actions with common components
Cloning an action generates its copy on the selected app. Use clone to save time
- If you are building actions with common input, output, request or function components. After cloning, you can update the components to customize the cloned version.
- When you want to make the same or similar action available to another app's users.
- Any user added to an app can clone its actions. But also, you need to be an admin on the destination app.
To clone an action,
Navigate to your action in Actions list of your app and click ellipsis … and select Clone.
Select the app that you will clone your action to. Available options are the ones that you are an admin of.
You can optionally change the suggested name.
When an action is cloned,
- A new action with the same properties, and inputs, outputs, requests and functions is created on the selected app.
- New action is created in DRAFT mode. You need to Apply changes when you want to save the action.
- New action is created in disabled mode. To make it available to be run, you first need to enable it.
Tips about cloning actions
Cloning an action to another app can be performed if you are an admin on the destination app.
If the action is cloned to another app, the connection configurations to send API requests and their sharing scopes are copied to the new action.
If that is the case, credentials to authorize connections are not copied. Depending on the sharing scope, users will need to enter credentials to run actions.
If the action is cloned within the same app, action can be run with previously entered credentials for connections.
If the action you clone from is disabled, the cloned action is also disabled.
Cloned action has no relation with the action it is cloned from. Changes in either of these do not update each other.